Visitors, Welcome!

Follow us for Tips, Recipes, and Fun!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Third Generation

Like my mother, I have been very fortunate to be exposed to crystal, silver, china, different foods, and different places from a very young age. When I was five years old, my mom asked me to pick out a silver pattern. I chose Old Orange Blossom, and she said that was too expensive and too rare. (Apparently, I had pretty good taste for a five year old.) I ended up choosing Francis I. I am in seventh grade, and I still love it. Saying that, I have always had a passion for silver, crystal, and china that most children my age do not have. Tablescaping, however, I just did not understand until about two weeks ago. I thought my mother and grandmother were absolutely crazy until I was offered a chance to do my own table. I discovered it is much more fun that way! So, I rearranged combinations for a long while, seeing how fun tablescaping was for the first time. When I was finally done, my grandmother and I had hot chocolate in mugs from the table I set. I said, "This is a lot more fun than I imagined!" And it is.

Search Amazon.com for Lady Anne gorham crystal

I do not have a favorite element of tablescaping but rather favorite styles. I usually like china that is simple and elegant, not too busy. I like china that is lighter in color, sometimes modern, but often old-fashioned. I like many styles of crystal, but my favorite yet is my mother's Lady Anne crystal that we use every day. I love silver that is simple and elegant, too, although I don't mind if my silver is busy. :) A nice detail I love about silver is when the decoration continues from the front to the back. I usually like white tablecloths, but I like red, blue, or pale yellow, too. I like tablecloths to have some kind of decoration on them. In terms of tables, I think I will work with round ones that seat four, but I am fond of rectangle tables that seat six or eight, also. In napkins, one thing I just adore is if the decoration in the tablecloth matches the color of the napkins. I like most other decorations, too, [candles, confetti, etc.].

Search Amazon.com for cloth tablecloths
Search Amazon.com for cloth napkins
Search Amazon.com for candles
Search Amazon.com for confetti

As the third generation in my family to adore silver, crystal, and china, I feel lucky I have people to talk about it with, and that I have people who express the same love for it as I do.


Christmas pics from 2008, when I was 10. One of my presents was a Francis I scalloped potato server! It was so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Search Wijit

Search Tablescape Times Three

Networked Blogs