Visitors, Welcome!

Follow us for Tips, Recipes, and Fun!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog Disasters


Have you ever had the perfect table setting in your head and thought you had everything you needed to set the table only to realize that you did not? This happens to me frequently and napkins are usually my nemeses! I have lots of different napkins and always think that I can just pull some out at the last minute. However, I have been wrong so many times that you would think that I would learn to plan ahead much better!


This blog is a prime example. I have been planning it for quite a while. I had these interesting Mikasa “Coq D’Oro” plates and thought that I could make a cute breakfast table setting with them.


A green tablecloth went on the table first.


I have ruffled green and gold placemats, so I knew that I could use one of those colors with the plates. I decided on the gold ones.


Green glassware was no problem. I have lots of Fostoria “Mesa” in an olive green color that I chose for my everyday glasses, when I married.


I recently bought these small glasses that I will use for juice on one of my shopping trips to the Goodwill thrift store. I would just like to say that I love shopping there! I always find something interesting to buy.


The rooster centerpiece was a find on the shopping website “Joss & Main”. The first one that I purchased arrived broken and the customer service was incredible! Dealing with Karen there was such a pleasure and it was no time before she had a replacement sent, which arrived in perfect condition.


I searched for a while for rooster napkin rings. I found these awesome ones online at Bed, Bath and Beyond.
All of the pieces were ready. As I added the different layers, I was feeling really good about how the table was beginning to take shape.


Then, it happened! After pulling out napkin, after napkin, I realized that nothing looked just right! My yellow ones were too yellow. The green ones were not olive enough. The red ones did not have enough pink in them. The rose ones were too pink. The white ones did not look right with the centerpiece, which has cream on it. Noooooooo, not again!!!
I was in a hurry and did not have time to spend all afternoon shopping for the perfect napkins, so I settled for ecru ones. They are definitely not what I wanted, but sometimes we just have to settle for what we already have. “The real world” is what my husband calls it – facing the reality that we cannot always have or even find exactly what we want.
Good lesson to learn, but next time I think I will buy the napkins first and plan the whole table setting around them!!
Diane




Sharing at:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I can totally relate to this. Napkins are my nemesis! I have a tablescape that has been up for two weeks and since I can only find two of the color napkin I want to use, I have not photographed it yet. It is now time for it to come down. I am talking myself into not using napkins to see if anyone notices. :)
    By the way, your tablescape is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great table! Great job! Loved everything about it...gorgeous colours! Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Search Wijit

Search Tablescape Times Three

Networked Blogs