Visitors, Welcome!

Follow us for Tips, Recipes, and Fun!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Myott for Dessert





Hi! This is Emma!


So, for my Myott table, I did a "Sunday Treats" table. Kind of a play on words! Whether on a Sunday or not, these are actually ice-cream sundaes I set up for my family.



Every color goes with this pattern, but I chose blue!  The navy placemats hold a Myott dessert plate with a blue carnival glass goblet on top. Inside is yummy vanilla ice cream! 


My eight year old sister let me use her amazing ice cream spoons in the Old Master pattern by Towle. 





At each place setting, there is a pewter cordial filled with chocolate syrup. 




Then, in the center, are six Myott fruit bowls filled with marshmallows, peanut butter and chocolate crunch sprinkles, chocolate sprinkles, red and clear sugar sprinkles, peanuts, and multicolored chocolate candies. 








In the center is a salamander with a very special history...




When I went to Europe when I was seven years old, one of the places we went was Spain. Barcelona was my favorite place (in Spain) by far. Just because it was so interesting and pretty. It was just pretty magnificent all the way around. Anyway, we got the salamander from Barcelona. It is a symbol of a statue at Park GΓΌell. It was one of my favorite souvenirs, and I was so happy when I found it went with the table, (especially the glasses). 


At first, I couldn't decide between this and another special piece. It is a fruit sculpture that Mrs. Margie gave my mom. My mom grew up across the street from Mrs. Margie, and I adore her! She loves all the same stuff we tablescapers do! I love the piece. You can see it on the top shelf of the cupboard in the background. 




Here is a shout out to you Mrs. Margie! I am going to use that fruit sculpture soon! (And just so you know, Mrs. Margie, the only reason I chose the salamander is because it had blue!)


So that is my table! Thanks for visiting!
-Emma



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Search Wijit

Search Tablescape Times Three

Networked Blogs