Visitors, Welcome!

Follow us for Tips, Recipes, and Fun!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Myott for Breakfast with a Yummy Recipe!



I have a passion for Indian Tree patterns! I think I love them all. The one I found first on eBay at a price I couldn't resist was this vintage pattern by Myott. I think it was about a dollar a piece, plus shipping! The dinner plates are regularly online for about $20 each. Cup and saucer? $16. Bread and butter and fruit together would be $13. I am not sure about the salad plates. They are usually out of stock. So for less than the price of a 5-piece place setting, I ended up with around 50 pieces of china in this wonderful pattern!



Every piece is different, hand-painted, within the uniform transferware pattern.


Myott was based in Staffordshire. There is a collector's club online here. One of the passages on the site describes Myott pieces as unique in their design. I whole-heartedly agree! This china can mix with almost any I have - from gilded Spode to Big Lots bargains. And the range of colors in the Indian Tree pattern makes it almost neutral. Like any fine English china would, this Myott pattern looks fantastic on the faux animal skin breakfast tray. Can't you just imagine taking your morning coffee or tea in the library of your manor home? Or in a cozy corner chair by the open back door of your comfy cottage?



My breakfast is the cottage-style...I guess you figured that out!


I love the scalloped shape of all the pieces, especially the cup!








I think some yummy breakfast fruit and an English muffin would start be a good start. 




Maybe a little fresh juice with my coffee.




I would follow with eggs and sausage or bacon. Or maybe a slice of my homemade breakfast quiche. I'll add the recipe at the bottom. I might need to add a bit of salt or pepper.




And for the crumbs? A Tuesday Morning linen napkin.




I think I have another tray. Wish you could come over!




My Myott Breakfast Quiche


2 9-inch frozen pie crusts
6 (or so) eggs
1 cup milk
16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb sausage ( I prefer hot)
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Crumble and fry the sausage. Drain.
Take the pie crusts out of the freezer and removed the wax paper lining. 
Spread the sausage evenly in the two pie crusts.
Spread half of each bag of cheese on top of the sausage in each pie crust.
Scramble the eggs with the milk and pour over the cheese and sausage.


Bake about a half hour until the quiche is firm and beginning to brown.


Enjoy!
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Lijit Search Wijit

Search Tablescape Times Three

Networked Blogs